Side Event Application Process
The International Cryosphere Climate Initiative (ICCI) will again coordinate Pavilion activities, in strong cooperation with various partners, including lead organizing partners for the various Focus Days. Proposals for side events should be submitted as emails or word documents, as soon as possible and no later than August 31, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals should include the following information and observe the length requirements:
1. Focus Day designation (or, if inter-disciplinary, ‘Days’)
2. Proposed title (100 characters)
3. Brief event description (500 characters maximum)
4. Proposed speakers and/or participating institutions/governments; including whether on-site or virtual. Strong preference will be given to in-person events; followed by hybrid events. Entirely virtual events unfortunately cannot be considered except in extraordinary circumstances.
5. Preferred dates, if any. Kindly note if you are limited as to potential dates.
6. Accreditation needs, if any (number of needed badges). Please note: ICCI is committed to helping successful event organizers obtain accreditation; however, preference will be given to those able to secure their own COP27 badges for on-site participants.
July 25 Side event applications open
August 9 & 10 Informational Webinars
August 31 Application period ends; notification of successful applications begin immediately
September 15 Last date for notification of successful or reserve status
November 6-18 COP27, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt
Additional Information and Logistics
For more information on logistics in connection with COP27, kindly see the COP27 host website at: https://cop27.eg/. Please note that at this time ICCI is unfortunately not able to assist with travel, visas or accommodation.read more cryosphere pavilion info View the pdf call for side events
If you have any questions, please reach out to:
International Cryosphere Climate Initiative (U.S)
International Cryosphere Climate Initiative-Europe (Sweden)
ICCI Outreach Director
ICCI Communications Assistant
Pavilion Logistics and ECS Coordinator